Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Form follows function

At first when I was thinking about what could be improved on in the world, I had a little bit of trouble. I couldn't think immediately of something that needed improving that wasn't already created. Then I realized that the place where I was sitting at could easily be upgraded. I realized that desks, the staple in every classroom, where not made for the student. These were drab things that we used on a daily basis, but it was not geared towards helping students. So my plan was to create a desk where students can have something to look forward to their studies. I was thinking of a white board desk that students can use to take notes and let their creativity flow. We have seen this technology in a white board notebook called letterforms. It would be an easier way for people to be enthusiastic about studies. I felt that the way to construct it would to have the whiteboard be at the top of the desk and then we could also have a scanning technology built into the desk to be able to copy down any notes taken into a digital format. This reminds me a lot of this dry erase notebook called letterforms that was created to serve this exact purpose.It is very similar to this product, but it is also very different in the sense that we can scan the surface, so it is no longer just a note taking device, but can also take it from being physical to digital. Now this is just in the preliminary stages. I do feel like there is a lot that can be improved on. Like It could be a much larger desk which would help with group projects, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment